Fasken and the Fasken Pride Network are pleased to present a conversation on intersectional identities in the LGBTQ2S+ community. As we approach the Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec City Pride celebrations, please join us in this discussion with community leaders and thinkers on the theory, concepts, realities and strategies for inclusion and equity for those with intersectional identities within the LGBTQ2S+ community.
Attendees can expect the discussion topics to include:
- What we mean by “intersectional identities”
- Realities and lived experiences for individuals who identify both as LGBTQ2S+ and other identities, including Black, Indigenous and Persons of Colour
- Strategies for recognizing intersectional realities and how to implement positive inclusion and changes in employment and organizations
- Pride in all intersectional identities
This session promises to be one in an important ongoing dialogue held each summer by Fasken Pride on LGBTQ2S+ advancement and inclusion.
Learn more about #FaskenPride and our journey here:
- Finding my authentic self at work and being able to give back – a reflection | #PrideAtFasken
- How what we do IS making it better – the growth of #FaskenPride
- Harnessing the Past to Build a More Inclusive Future: An Evolution of the #FaskenPride Network
- #FaskenPride and the Rewarding Experience of Being Able to Make a Difference
- 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm ET / 9:00 am - 10:30 am PT - Discussion
This webinar is complimentary
This program contains 1 hour and 30 minutes of EDI Professionalism content.
This programme contains 1.5 hours of accredited content for the purposes of the Law Society of British Columbia’s annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements. The session has been loaded with the LSBC and is titled “LGBTQ2S+ Perspectives: A Discussion on Intersectionality for Greater Inclusion – July 27”. It is available for claiming through your LSBC Member Portal.
A confirmation of participation will be sent to you for your continuing education hours with the Barreau du Québec.
For CPD/CLE in other jurisdictions, please contact your local Law Society.