Over the last year, many organizations have strengthened their focus on equity, diversity, and inclusion. This seminar will review key legal considerations as organizations look to implement diversity initiatives through key talent processes such as recruitment, development, and promotion.
Specific topics will include:
- Diversity & inclusion best practices designed to mitigate legal risk
- Collecting and tracking diversity demographics
- Legal considerations for diversity recruitment programs, such as diverse slates
- Evolving employer obligations around mitigating unconscious bias in talent decisions
- Potential risk and liability for organizations that do not appropriately account for diversity & inclusion
- 2:00 - 3:30 pm ET / 11:00 am - 12:30 pm PT Webinar and Q&A
This webinar is complimentary
Materials and Webinar Recording: If you are unable to attend the webinar but wish to receive the materials and webinar recording after, please click the "Materials and Webinar Recording" option at bottom of this page.
This programme contains 1.5 hours of accredited content for the purposes of the Law Society of British Columbia’s annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements. The session has been loaded with the LSBC and is titled “Fasken’s Promoting Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace - September 2021”. It is available for claiming through your LSBC Member Portal.
A confirmation of participation will be sent to you for your continuing education hours with the Barreau du Québec.
For CPD/CLE in other jurisdictions, please contact your local Law Society.