Join us for a 3 part webinar series presented by Fasken’s Estate Litigation Group where we will provide practical considerations and recommendations as it relates to estate administration and planning in today’s environment.
We will cover the following topics on these dates:
WEBINAR 2: Disputes Arising with Powers of Attorney - October 22, 2021
- What is a power of attorney ("POA") and what powers does an attorney have under a POA?
- Distinctions between POA for property and POA for personal care and issues between the persons with authority in each area.
- Differences between non-continuing, continuing/enduring, conditional and springing POA and the onset of the obligations of the attorneys under each instrument.
- What powers can be provided in a POA, including issues where the POA provides for personal power of will-making, divorce, etc.
- Who can compel the attorney to account and what powers do third parties have to refuse to acknowledge a POA?
- What happens to the POA on the donor's death and what liabilities do third parties have in continuing to deal with the attorney?
- Issues where POA names multiple attorneys or contingent attorneys and what obligation do third parties have in determining the authority of the attorneys?
- Issues for donors wanting to make a POA, for persons being appointed as attorneys and for third parties presented with the POA to act upon the POA.
WEBINAR 3: Duty to Account - November 26, 2021
Who Should Attend
- Professional Trustees
- Accountants and Advisors
- In-House Counsel
- Business Executives
- Charity and Non-Profit Executives
- Family Offices
- 9:00 AM PT | 12:00 PM ET – Presentation
- 10:00 AM PT | 1:00 PM ET – Q&A
- 10:30 AM PT | 1:30 PM ET – Seminar ends