As part of our efforts to honour Black History Month, we invite you to join us for a Black General Counsel panel discussion on Wednesday, February 16th from 4:00 – 5:00 pm followed by a 15 minute Q&A.
The panel will feature:
- Terrie-Lynne Devonish, Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary, Altus Group
- Sue-Lynn Noel, Vice-President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Purolator Inc.
- Patrice Rouse, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Farm Mutual Re
The discussion will include:
- Current landscape of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) and progress made (or lack thereof)
- The challenges and barriers faced by Black lawyers
- The role of legal departments and law firms in advancing EDI in the legal industry
- In-house counsel’s EDI expectations of outside counsel
Please note that this webinar will be held in English with a live French translation audio option.
- 3:50 pm ET / 12:50 pm PT Registration opens
- 4:00 pm - 5:15 pm ET / 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm PT Panel discussion and Q&A
This webinar is complimentary
This event is only available via webinar
This program contains 1 hour and 15 minutes of EDI Professionalism content.
This program contains 1 hour and 15 minutes of Professional responsibility and ethics content for the Law Society of British Columbia.
A confirmation of participation will be sent to you for your continuing education hours with the Barreau du Québec.
For CPD/CLE in other jurisdictions, please contact your local Law Society.