All supervisors in Ontario must complete a basic occupational health and safety awareness training program within one week of performing work as a supervisor. This is required by Ontario Regulation 297/13 “Occupational Health and Safety Awareness Training” made under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (“OHSA”). This 1-hour training session fulfills that requirement.
In this session you will learn about:
- The duties of employers and supervisors under the OHSA.
- The duties and rights of workers under the OHSA.
- The concept of the Internal Responsibility System in relation to the duties of workplace stakeholders.
- The powers and functions of health and safety representatives and joint health and safety committees under the OHSA.
- The roles of the Ministry of Labour Training and Skills Development and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board in occupational health and safety.
- How to recognize, assess, control and evaluate workplace hazards.
This training does not replace any sector specific, hazard specific, or competency specific training.
For details on our Worker OHS Awareness training session please visit here.
This program will be conducted as a live webinar and will not be recorded
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm (ET) Program
Managers, supervisors, OHS professionals, in-house legal counsel and business owners
This session costs $95 + HST per registrant
A secured online payment link will follow after registration
- Registration fees are not refundable. A credit may be issued in certain circumstances
- No credits will be issued for no shows
- No credits will be issued for cancellations less than 24 hours before a course
- Participants can request a one-time deferral and the credit must be used before the end of the calendar year. Requests for a deferral must be made 24 hours prior to the start of the course. If the course is only offered once that year, the credit can be applied to another OHS course within that same calendar year
- In the event that Fasken cancels a course, the participant can choose either a credit or a refund for the course amount