The panel will discuss various issues regarding the transition including (i) its status and the Department of Mineral Resources’ position and role, (ii) the impact of the Government’s position on foreign direct investment in the mining industry, (iii) the effect on the mining industry, and (iv) financial institutions’ position and impact.
- Thabo Mokoena, Director General, Department of Mineral Resources and Energy, Republic of South Africa
- Sanjeev Mungroo, Principal: Energy Finance, Nedbank
- Dhesigen Naidoo, Presidential Climate Change Commission: Senior Advisor Climate Adaption
- Francois Joubert, Partner, Fasken
- Mmaphuti Morolong, Partner, Fasken
- 8:00 - 9:30 ET Webinar and Q&A
This webinar is complimentary
This event is only available via webinar
This programme contains a total of 14 sessions (1.5 hours each) for a total of 21 hours of accredited content for the purposes of the Law Society of British Columbia’s annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements. The session has been loaded as part of a series, titled Fasken’s 2022 Mining Webinars – March 2022 and will be available for claiming through the LSBC CPD website as of March 9, 2022.
A confirmation of participation will be sent to you for your continuing education hours with the Barreau du Québec.
For CPD/CLE in other jurisdictions, please contact your local Law Society.