Fasken's Labour, Employment & Human Rights and Immigration groups invite you to attend our complimentary seminar on Thursday, June 2, 2022. This seminar is the 10th in Fasken's Seminar Series in Surrey.
This seminar will be of interest to regional business owners and executives in Surrey and the Fraser Valley.
Join us via live webcast, to hear our lawyers discuss what employers need to know about termination and immigration (as well as for foreign workers). Topics will include:
- Employer obligations relating to termination of employment (both unionized and non-unionized);
- The importance of compliance with employment standards and human rights legislation when terminating;
- How employers can significantly reduce termination-related risks;
- Employer obligations to inform IRCC or ESDC of termination of employment;
- Employer obligations to inform BC PNP of termination of employment for pending provincial nomination applications;
- The validity of the work permits for an employee and their spouse once the employee’s employment is terminated; and
- The vaccination requirements for foreign national employees departing Canada when their employment ends.
- 8:45 am | Presentation
- 9:45 am | Q&A
- 10:15 am | Seminar Concludes