Jonathan Lancaster’s litigation practice is focused on corporate commercial litigation, commercial real estate litigation, lease arbitrations, banking law, product liability litigation, professional negligence and estates litigation.
Jonathan has a broad commercial real estate and estate litigation practice.
Acting successfully as counsel in Ontario cases, Jonathan has advised on a broad array of real estate litigation issues, including mortgagee and tenant rights/priorities, rights of first refusal, options to purchase, and equitable defences, vendors' liens, duties of condominium developers to purchasers, and restrictive covenants.
Jonathan has acted in a number of large product liability and professional negligence cases dealing with solicitors' and auditors' negligence, and has also advised on many complex estates matters.
A recognized expert, Jonathan has been ranked in Chambers Global and Benchmark Canada.
Rankings and Awards
- Benchmark Canada, "Litigation Star" in Commercial Litigation and Product Liability in Ontario, 2017
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2015-2018 for Product Liability Law
- Benchmark Canada, "Provincial Litigation Star" in Ontario, 2015
- Benchmark Canada, "local litigation star" in Ontario, 2014
- Benchmark Canada, "local litigation star" in Ontario, 2013
- Chambers Global 2012 for Dispute Resolution in Ontario
- Benchmark Canada "local litigation star" in Ontario and "litigation star" for product liability in Canada, 2012