Toronto (Canada) – Fasken has received a number of accolades in the 13th edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada guide, including being ranked “Labour and Employment Law Firm of the Year”. The publication also recognizes 201 of our lawyers in 56 practice areas, with a number of them being ranked in multiple sections.
The full list of selected lawyers can be found here. This is a 20 per cent increase in the number of lawyers highlighted since last year, and a more than 50 per cent jump since the year before that.
Furthermore, twelve of the 201 that are listed have been named “Lawyers of the Year.” They include:
- Christian Trépanier, Corporate and Commercial Litigation in Québec City
- Frank Mariage, Mining Law in Montréal
- Frédéric Gilbert, Franchise Law in Montréal
- Guy Dion, Labour and Employment Law in Québec City
- John Torrey, Banking and Finance Law in Toronto
- Keith Spencer, Information Technology Law in Vancouver
- Louis Bernier, AdE, Labour and Employment Law in Montréal
- Mark Andrews, QC, Administrative and Public Law in Vancouver
- Michael Bourassa, Natural Resources Law in Toronto
- Nancy Demers, Construction Law in Québec City
- Robert Paré, Corporate Governance Practice in Montréal
- Stephen Whitehead, Communications Law in Ottawa
Fasken’s Labour, Employment & Human Rights Group helps clients maintain an efficient workplace and focus on achieving broader business objectives. The Firm has a long history of representing employers in all aspects of labour and employment law, including offering strategic and tactical advice.
About Best Lawyers
Best Lawyers is an attorney ranking service. For more than 30 years, it has identified lawyers best qualified to represent clients in various jurisdictions and specialties. The "Law Firm of the Year" awards are determined by a number of factors including feedback from other lawyers, the size and coverage of the firm’s in that area, historical analysis of the firm’s “Lawyer of the Year” awards, etc. The “Lawyer of the Year” awards are given to those with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic region.
Fasken is a leading international law firm with more than 700 lawyers and 10 offices on four continents. Clients rely on us for practical, innovative and cost-effective legal services. We solve the most complex business and litigation challenges, providing exceptional value and putting clients at the centre of all we do. For additional information, please visit the Firm’s website at fasken.com.