Toronto (Canada) – The 2023 Best Lawyers in Canada guide has named Fasken as “Natural Resources Law Firm of the Year.” The 17th edition of the publication also recognizes 283 Fasken lawyers, with a number of them being ranked in multiple sections.
The full list of lawyers can be found here.
Furthermore, 14 of them are recognized as “Lawyer of the Year.” They include:
- Andrew Nathanson, Q.C. - Criminal Defence and Director and Officer Liability Practice
- Angela C. Onesi - Asset-Based Lending Practice
- Antoine Aylwin - Privacy and Data Security Law
- Blair Horn - Private Funds Law
- Frank Mariage - Mining Law
- Karl Delwaide - Administrative and Public Law
- Marcia Mills - Public Procurement Law
- Matthew Ghikas, FCIArb - Oil and Gas Law
- Nancy Demers - Construction Law
- Peter E. Kirby - International Trade and Finance Law
- Ron Ezekiel - Energy Law
- Scott M. Prescott - Communications Law
- Sébastien Richemont - Product Liability Law
- Thomas M. Meagher - Banking and Finance Law
This year’s "Ones to Watch" list, which recognizes lawyers who have practised law for three to eight years, has recognized 61 Fasken lawyers.
The accolade “Natural Resources Law Firm of the Year” recognizes members of the Firm who practice Natural Resources Law across a variety of practice and industry groups, including Energy, Environmental, Indigenous, Infrastructure and Projects, and Mining. These groups advise natural resource clients across a wide spectrum of legal service needs. This recognition highlights their work on a wide range of transactions, financings and projects, including M&A, complex environmental assessments, regulatory hearings and challenges, project and corporate finance, and Indigenous consultation, agreements and equity participation.
About Best Lawyers
Best Lawyers is an attorney ranking service. For more than 30 years, it has identified lawyers best qualified to represent clients in various jurisdictions and specialties. The "Law Firm of the Year" awards are determined by a number of factors including feedback from other lawyers, the size and coverage of the firms in that area, historical analysis of the firm’s “Lawyer of the Year” awards, etc. The “Lawyer of the Year” awards are given to those with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic region.
Fasken is a leading international law firm with more than 800 lawyers and ten offices on four continents. Clients rely on us for practical and innovative legal services. We solve the most complex business and litigation challenges, providing exceptional value. For additional information, please visit our website at fasken.com.