Fasken Martineau's Aboriginal Law, Global Mining, Government Relations and Ethics, and Securities and Mergers & Acquisitions groups invites you to attend a presentation on Plan Nord, one of the largest economic, social and environmental initiatives that has ever been undertaken in Québec.
The Plan Nord is an area of great mining potential. Opportunities in acquisitions, investments, infrastructure development and project financing will attract key players in the mining industry to the north of Québec.
Hosted by our Vancouver office, you will learn first hand about the Plan Nord from members of our Plan Nord team, Jean Masson and Peter Villani. Our lawyers will also discuss the Plan Nord Fund and the $500 million of investments to be made available through Investment Québec.
Topics will include:
- Plan Nord concept and consensus building
- Opportunities for Investors
- Long Term Cooperation Agreements with First Nations and Inuit Communities
- Other forms of Partnerships (First Nations, Inuit, Government, Hydro-Québec, Mining companies and other stakeholders)
- 7:30 am – 8:00 am | Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 8:00 am – 9:30 am | Presentation
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Accreditation
Lawyers are eligible to claim 1.5 hours of CPD credit from the Law Society of British Columbia, le Barreau du Québec, and the Law Society of Upper Canada (Ontario). Please note that this seminar is not accredited for the New Member Requirement or the 3.0 hour Professionalism Requirement (Ontario).
For more information:
Marketing Events Coordinator
604 631 3296