**Please note that, due to the great response received, the location of this seminar has been moved to the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel at 900 Canada Place Way.**
There has been 10 years of OHS criminal negligence cases under the Bill C-45 Amendments to the Criminal Code across Canada… and more charges to come!
This half-day seminar will include the following:
- Update on BC OHS Enforcement
- The OHS duty under s. 217.1 of the Criminal Code
- Who investigates and lays OHS Criminal Negligence charges
- The Metron Construction case analyzed
- The critical role of senior officers in protecting their organizations
- Review of resolved and pending Bill C-45 cases
- R. v. Fantini - first individual charged reviewed
- R. v. Transpavé Inc. - first organization convicted
- How to prove you have taken "reasonable steps" to ensure legal compliance
- How Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) now relates to Bill C-45 charges
- How to prevent workplace accidents and liability
Prepared by Norm Keith, author of Workplace Health and Safety Crimes (3rd Edition), the only book in Canada on Bill C-45, and leading OHS defense counsel.
Who should attend?
- EHS Managers
- HR Managers
- Risk Managers
- Health and Safety Committee Members
- Senior Operations Managers
- In-House Counsel
- Chief Risk Officers
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Accreditation
Lawyers may apply this 3.0 hour seminar credit towards their CPD requirements under the Law Society of British Columbia, the Law Society of Upper Canada (Ontario), and le Barreau du Québec. Please note that this seminar is not accredited for Professionalism Hours or New Member CPD Hours in Ontario.
- 12:30 pm - 1:00 pm (PDT) | Registration
- 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm (PDT) | Seminar Presentation
This is an in-person seminar.
The cost to attend this seminar is $225 + GST + PST and includes afternoon refreshments.
Each attendee will receive a complimentary copy of Norm Keith’s book on Bill C-45, Workplace Health & Safety Crimes (3rd Edition), released in February 2014.
- Fairmont Waterfront Hotel
- 900 Canada Place Way
- Vancouver, BC V6C 3L5
Registration is closed - this event has passed.
For more information:
Marketing Events Coordinator
+1 604 631 3296