2020 has been and continues to be an extraordinary year. The global pandemic has hastened the growth of the virtual world in which we increasingly work and live. Aspects of estate and succession planning have become even more top of mind and essential.
Join Fasken’s leading legal minds in this two-part webinar where we share what we have learned from 2020 and how those insights have had and will continue to have an impact on planning for individuals and their private companies as 2021 approaches.
Session 1 – Individuals and Families
2020 has impacted planning for individuals in temporary and permanent ways. Listen as we address:
- Protecting and managing your digital footprint
- Planning for incapacity
- The impact of market forces on the timing of estate planning transactions
Presenters: Corina Weigl, Maureen Berry, Demetre Vasilounis, Tamar Silverbrook
Session 2 – The Private Company & Family Office
The lessons from COVID have reinforced the need for private companies to consider:
- Potential exposure to liability in the current climate and steps that can be taken to limit exposure
- The increased cyber security and privacy risks of a virtual personal and business world
- Governance and its continued importance for the family enterprise
Presenters: Zohar Levy, Daniel Fabiano, Doug Scott
- 12:00 pm - 12:05 pm Opening Remarks
- 12:05 pm - 12:50 pm Session 1 and Q&A
- 12:50 pm - 1:05 pm Break
- 1:05 pm - 1:50 pm Session 2 and Q&A
- 1:50 pm - 2:00 pm Closing Remarks
This is event is only available via webinar.
Webinar Recording: If you are unable to attend the event but wish to receive the webinar recording, please click the "Webinar Recording" option at bottom of this page.