As a new decade begins, and the global business community continues to address the twin crises around public health and the economy, corporations are examining their role within our socio-economic system. With a renewed focus on human, social, and natural capital, in addition to financial performance, corporations are looking to position themselves within a sustainability framework as they adapt to a changing world.
Fasken’s ESG & Sustainability Group has been bringing Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues into focus through a series of webinars. These sessions feature Fasken lawyers as well as guest speakers from global organizations and address a wide range of different ESG aspects. We hope you will find the series content to date of interest and we hope that you can participate in some of the planned sessions.
Upcoming ESG Webinars
ESG Webinar Series to Date
- Indigenous Equity Participation as a “Gold Standard” in ESG - June 17, 2021
- Business & Human Rights Post-Nevsun - March 12, 2021
- Water: A Critical Resource and Human Right - Mitigating Water Risk in Mining - March 11, 2021
- UNDRIP Adopted by Canadian Legislation: What does it really mean on the Ground? - March 10, 2021
- Going Green with Hydrogen - March 1, 2021
- The Biden Administration: Carbon and Clean Tech Impacts for Canada - January 19, 2021
- Proxy Season Preview: Recent Developments in Corporate Governance and the Importance of ESG Considerations - January 14, 2021
- ‘Building Back Better’ and the Rise of ESG - November 19, 2020
- ESG and the In-House Counsel - Legal Tools and Business Impacts - November 18, 2020
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Disclosure by Public Companies - July 15, 2020
- Key ESG Issues Facing the Mining Industry - June 29, 2020
- A Corporation’s Purpose, Stakeholder Primacy and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues- November 8, 2019