In-house lawyers are increasingly being called upon to deliver within tight deadlines and limited resources. They must balance competing demands from different divisions of their company, remain abreast of new developments in law, and manage the budget of external legal counsel. What’s more, they are expected to become strategic advisors to the executive team and to speak not only the language of law, but also the language of business.
Fasken Leaders at Law offers a variety of professional training seminars designed to refine both legal and business skills (eligible for continuing legal education credits from the Barreau du Québec), as well as networking events specifically tailored to in-house lawyers.
The primary objectives of these are to:
- Support the professional development needs of in-house lawyers by providing training seminars on the latest developments in law and business;
- Provide a forum for discussing current business, legal and technological challenges faced by in-house counsel;
- Provide in-house lawyers the tools and practical advice necessary to advance their careers by learning to negotiate and communicate more effectively with internal and external players, as well as to optimize and successfully manage relationships within the in-house counsel teams as well with the various business divisions of the organization; and
- Provide the opportunity for in-house lawyers to develop their own professional networks to share ideas, questions, concerns and employment opportunities within the in-house community as well as to develop relationships with external service providers (such as accountants, environmental consultants, brokers, etc.).
October 16th, 2019 - 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. : Launch cocktail
February 13th, 2020 - 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. : Training Seminar & Networking
- Sara Reid, Lawyer at Fasken and Founder of Fasken Leaders at Law
- Josiane Nader, Director, Channels Distribution at Groupe TVA Inc.
- Selina Sforza, Director, Legal Affairs & DPO at Triton Digital
- Maria Simitsakos, Legal Counsel at Imperial Tobacco
- Thierry Villemaire, Legal Counsel at Dollarama S.E.C./L.P.
- Tara Roberts, Legal Counsel at WSP
Have we piqued your curiosity?
Simply complete the form below to be notified of upcoming seminars and events offered by Fasken Leaders at Law.
Please note that these seminars and events are open exclusively to lawyers practicing in-house (whether as legal counsel or otherwise) who have been at the Bar for 15 years or less.
For more information on this initiative, please contact Sara Reid by telephone at (+1) 514 397 4319 or by email at email@example.com