Larissa's practice encompasses advising a broad range of clients on complex commercial real estate matters including acquisition and disposition transactions, land ownership and structuring arrangements, leasing, mortgage financing, real estate development matters and foreign ownership of land compliance matters.
Larissa advises a variety of local, national and international clients including real estate advisors, asset and property managers, landlords and tenants, institutional lenders and borrowers and real estate project developers.
Larissa routinely represents clients in various acquisition and disposition transactions of industrial, office, retail and multi-family properties in Alberta as well as interprovincial portfolio transactions. She also assists clients through complex development, subdivision and construction processes for commercial, industrial and multi-family projects in various municipalities throughout Alberta.
Larissa has significant experience in acting for landlords and tenants in drafting and negotiating high-profile leases, subleases and other occupation agreements for office, industrial, and retail space.
She also acts for institutional lenders and borrowers in commercial real estate lending transactions.
Larissa is also experienced in assisting clients with private infrastructure matters and has participated in public infrastructure projects, including public-private partnership (P3) projects in the areas of light-rail transit, roadways, schools, and waste-water treatment facilities.
Prior to joining Fasken, Larissa worked at another leading national firm in Calgary. Some of Larissa’s experience includes:
- Representing the purchaser on the C$105-million acquisition of First & Jasper, a redeveloped class “A” office and retail complex in Edmonton, Alberta and related mortgage financing
- Acting for a vendor consortium on the C$178-million sale of an undivided half interest in Gulf Canada Square, a 1.12-million square-foot premier class “A” office and retail complex in downtown Calgary, and related assumption of the existing mortgage facility, together with the subsequent C$150-million refinancing
- Representing a major international retailer on its acquisition of the Wintering Hills wind farm located near Drumheller, Alberta
- Advising the debtor in the sale of its Alberta highway maintenance real estate assets under Companies Creditors Arrangement Act (Canada) proceedings
- Representing various purchasers on the acquisition of several development properties in Calgary, Medicine Hat, Leduc, Edmonton, and St. Albert
- Regularly acting for institutional landlords on multiple office and industrial lease negotiations in Alberta, including most recently with respect to approximately 50,000 square-feet of class “A” office space in downtown Calgary
- Routinely advising institutional landlords on lease enforcement issues
- Representing an international retailer on lease negotiations for retail locations in British Columbia
- Representing an international tenant in negotiating two office leases for approximately 82,000 square-feet and 77,000 square-feet, respectively in downtown Calgary
- Representing the borrower in the $65-million refinancing of Watermark Tower
- Routinely acting for Schedule 1 Canadian Banks in numerous loan transactions for agricultural properties