Vincent is a member of our Litigation and Dispute Resolution Law Group. Vincent is a passionate and versatile litigator who takes great pride in defending the interests of his clients in several fields and contexts.
He is particularly active in commercial and business litigation. He acts regularly in shareholder disputes, transactional litigation and corporate governance litigation. He acts for corporations and their boards of directors, as well as for minority shareholders in the context of oppression remedies. Vincent regularly publishes and presents on these subjects.
Vincent is also called upon to act in major matters for the firm’s clients in contract and commercial matters, securities litigation, public and constitutional law and in class actions. He regularly manages and pleads urgent cases that are heard on an expedited basis, particularly in injunction proceedings. Vincent represents clients in all industries and has developed a particular expertise in the field of aerospace.
Vincent has worked on the following notable cases:
- Represented Canadian Pacific Railway Company in the February 2020 rail blockade that marked Canada.
- Represented an important auto parts manufacturer in a multi-million dollar commercial arbitration stemming from the sale of a company.
- Represented Transat in its victory against Groupe Mach before the Tribunal administratif des marchés financiers.
- Represented the Conseil de la magistrature du Québec before the Supreme Court of Canada and before a special panel of seven judges of the Court of Appeal in the Reference regarding the jurisdiction of the Court of Québec in civil matters and the Court of Québec’s appellate jurisdiction.
- Represents Thales in litigation against Bombardier with respect to various aircraft programs.
- Successfully represented, in the Superior Court and the Court of Appeal, members of the special committee of the former Boralex Income Fund in a multi-million dollar damages case brought by a unitholder following a takeover bid.
- Acted for Québecor in litigation against Groupe Juste pour Rire in the context of the sale of Groupe Juste pour rire and in various claims for damages.
- Successfully represented Rogers Communications before the Supreme Court of Canada on the issue of the power of municipalities to determine the location of radiocommunication antennae.
- Was successful in the key Trackcom decision rendered by the Québec Court of Appeal on interim orders, investigations and securities for costs in the context of oppression remedies.
- Was successful on behalf of GTI Capital in a ruling on the application of Québec’s private international law to an oppression action brought under the Canada Business Corporations Act.
- Acted for Fibrek Inc. in litigation arising from the unsolicited takeover bid from Resolute Forest Products.
- Acted for Goldcorp in litigation arising from its unsolicited takeover bid against Osisko.