Martin Denyes is Managing Partner of the firm’s Ontario Region, with primary responsibility for leadership of the Firm’s Toronto and Ottawa offices. His legal practice is focused predominantly on employment and labour, where he assists employers solve their day to day issues in the workplace and the mission critical issues that drive their workplace strategies.
In his role as Regional Managing Partner, Martin is responsible for the overall operations of the firm’s Toronto and Ottawa offices, leading a team of more than 250 lawyers and more than 550 personnel. He is a member of the firm’s Partnership Board, working proactively to enhance and build the firm’s relationships with clients, as well as in its communities.
In his legal practice, Martin’s experience includes:
- assisting management teams in developing policies, practices and attitudes that help them stay union free;
- successfully advising employers during union organizing drives;
- negotiating collective agreements to mandate;
- successfully assisting management teams with plant closure and relocation decisions;
- grievance arbitration;
- labour relations board litigation;
- supporting executives in negotiation of employment agreements and generally in navigating the complexity of today’s employment environment.
A talented trainer, Martin seamlessly combines his legal knowledge with an entertaining training style, teaching employers and their managers about human rights issues, sexual harassment prevention and response, privacy compliance, managing in the unionized workplace, managing to stay union free, attendance management and workplace investigations.