Toronto (Canada) – The 2022 Best Lawyers in Canada guide has ranked Fasken as “Workers' Compensation Law Firm of the Year” and “Mining Law Firm of the Year.” The 16th edition of the publication also recognizes 286 Fasken lawyers, with a number of them being ranked in multiple sections.
The full list of lawyers can be found here.
Furthermore, 23 of them are recognized as “Lawyer of the Year.” They include:
- Alain Ricard - Project Finance Law
- Andrew Nathanson - Administrative and Public Law
- Andrew Jackson - Structured Finance Law
- Tony Morris, QC - Information Technology Law
- Blair Horn - Securities Law
- Brenden Hunter - Aboriginal Law
- Carl Tremblay - Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Darren Reed - Class Action Litigation
- Érik Sabbatini - Workers' Compensation Law
- Jay Kerr-Wilson - Communications Law
- Ingrid E. VanderElst PhD - Biotechnology Law
- Jason Markwell - Intellectual Property Law
- Jean M. Gagné - Mining Law
- Jean-Philippe Mikus - Intellectual Property Law
- Joanie Lapalme - Biotechnology Law
- Karl Delwaide - Privacy and Data Security Law
- Michael Wolpert - Employee Benefits Law
- Michel Boislard - Corporate Governance Practice
- Paul Cabana - International Trade and Finance Law
- Sebastien Roy - Intellectual Property Law
- Virginia Schweitzer - Technology Law
- William Morley, QC - Personal Injury Litigation
- Yves Letarte - Real Estate Law
New this year is the inaugural "Ones to Watch" list, which recognizes lawyers who have practised law for three to eight years, and has recognized 60 Fasken lawyers.
The accolade “Workers' Compensation Law Firm of the Year” recognises members of the Firm who practice in Labour, Employment & Human Rights across a variety of practice and industry groups, including Administrative and Public Law, Occupational Health and Safety and Workers' Compensation Law, Pensions and Benefits Law, and Litigation and Dispute Resolution Law. These groups advise LEHR clients across a wide spectrum of legal service needs.
The “Mining Law Firm of the Year” designation recognizes the Firm as a leader in Mining law. Known for competence in common and civil law, and cross-border matters, the Firm is a uniquely qualified advisor in the industry. The team is skilled and experienced in all the various legal services required by mining clients, from exploration through development to operation and closure.
About Best Lawyers
Best Lawyers is an attorney ranking service. For more than 30 years, it has identified lawyers best qualified to represent clients in various jurisdictions and specialties. The "Law Firm of the Year" awards are determined by a number of factors including feedback from other lawyers, the size and coverage of the firms in that area, historical analysis of the firm’s “Lawyer of the Year” awards, etc. The “Lawyer of the Year” awards are given to those with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic region.
Fasken is a leading international law firm with more than 750 lawyers and ten offices on four continents. Clients rely on us for practical, innovative and cost-effective legal services. We solve the most complex business and litigation challenges, providing exceptional value. For additional information, please visit our website at fasken.com.