Tired of seminars with lots of talk, but little practical advice?
Prior to the 2012 PDAC conference in Toronto, Fasken Martineau's Global Mining Group invites you to attend a seminar that will provide a primer on topics relevant to PDAC meetings. We promise that presentations will be short (maximum 3 minutes each) and cogent (specific practical takeaways).
Presentations will begin at the times indicated below and will be by speakers from across Canada (live and via video conference). The seminar will be held concurrently at Fasken Martineau offices (Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Québec City, Calgary, Vancouver). Breakfast or lunch and refreshments will be available.
Topics and respective speakers include:
- Letters of intent, drafting tips - Johanna Fipke
- Consultation with First Nations - Howard Hampton
- Getting value from CSR - Kevin O'Callaghan
- Anti-Corruption legislation - Martin Fisher-Haydis as presented by Kathryn Beck
- Mining in Québec - Martin Gagné
- Takeover defences - Peter Villani as presented by Lata Casciano
- Confidentiality and disclosure prior to deal announcement - Amanda Robinson
- Alternative financing options, what to do when the equity markets run dry - Chuck Higgins
- Confidentiality agreements, issues to consider - Daye Kaba
Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal and Québec City:
11:30 am - 12:00 pm EST Registration and Lunch
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EST Presentation and Q&A
9:30 am - 10:00 am MST Registration and Breakfast
10:00 am - 11:00 am MST Presentation and Q&A
8:30 am - 9:00 am PST Registration and Breakfast
9:00 am - 10:00 am PST Presentation and Q&A
Note: This 1.0 hour seminar may be applied towards Continuing Professional Development for lawyers in Ontario, Québec and British Columbia. Please note that this seminar is not accredited for Professionalism Hours or New Member CPD Hours in Ontario.
This event has passed - registration is closed.