This half-day morning seminar provided guests with recent trends, issues and case law related to employment, labour, human rights and privacy law.
Topics of discussion included:
- “So, would you rehire this candidate?” A Legal Perspective on Reference Letters – Matthew Larsen
- Occupational Health and Safety and WorkSafeBC Update – Richard Savage
- New Developments in Privacy Law and at the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner – Lorene A. Novakowski
- “Why can’t I just fire them?” An Update on the Law of Just Cause – Marc Rodrigue
- “The Office has gone to Pot” Marijuana in Your Workplace – Clayton Jones and Jordan Thompson
- BC Workplace Legislation: New Rules and Anticipated Changes – J. Alexandra MacCarthy and Andrew Woodhouse
- Pitfalls in Accommodation of Mental Illnesses – David G. Wong
- The Changing Workplace in the Wake of #MeToo – Stephanie D. Gutierrez
Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) This event may fit Continuing Professional Development requirements for the CPHR designation from the Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia and Yukon (CPHR BC & Yukon). For more information visit cphrbc.ca. Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Accreditation This seminar has been accredited by the Law Society of British Columbia for 3.50 CPD credits.