Fasken’s Labour, Employment & Human Rights and Privacy groups invite you to attend their Blockbuster Annual Update on Labour, Employment, Human Rights & Privacy Law 2019 on Thursday, October 17, 2019.
You will not want to miss this complimentary half-day morning seminar that will update you on recent trends, issues and case law related to employment, labour, human rights and privacy law. Guests will receive up-to-the-minute information that will be equally valuable to both line management and human resource practitioners.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Legislative Changes in BC, AB and Federal Jurisdiction: BC ESA, BC LRC, Canada Labour Code; and Alberta Legislation – Clayton Jones and Matt Allard
- Recreational Cannabis: One Year Out – Charles Wagner and Richard Savage
- Restrictive Covenants: Drafting, Avoiding and Enforcing – Matthew Larsen and Kristen Woo
- “My Boss is a Bully”– What is the Line Between Appropriate Supervision and Bullying – Stephanie Gutierrez
- Privacy Breaches, Damages and Responses – Lorene Novakowski and Michael Wolpert
- “Frustrated yet?” Dealing with Long Absence Employees – J. Alexandra MacCarthy
- Good Faith Dealings in Employment Contracts – Jordan Thompson
- 2019 Cases of Note – Andrew Woodhouse
- Employment and Human Rights in BC: A Conversation with BC's Human Rights Leaders - Diana Juricevic and Kasari Govender, moderated by David G. Wong
- 7:30 am | Registration, Networking & Continental Breakfast
- 8:00 am | Seminar Presentations
- 12:00 pm | Seminar Concludes
Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR)
This event may fit Continuing Professional Development requirements for the CPHR designation from the Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia and Yukon (CPHR BC & Yukon). For more information visit cphrbc.ca.
Fasken is committed to decreasing our carbon footprint and will be providing materials electronically again at this year’s seminar. Registrants will receive a confirmation email closer to the event to download their event package.
This seminar is complimentary.